Residential General Contractors
New Residential General Contractor Program Brought to you by Hill & Usher
A History of Delivering Results in Construction
Since 1995, Hill & Usher has been recognized as a top insurance broker in the Southwest for construction related accounts.
Led by construction and insurance-industry veteran Richard B. Usher, our team of specialists in construction will ensure your company is matched with a level of products and services appropriate to your needs.
Our various exclusive and brokered programs enable us to provide our valued customers with the most competitively priced products available in the marketplace.
You may view our RGC brochure by clicking HERE.
Click HERE to view our most recent examples of success with this program!
Rising Rates, Disappearing Coverages for Single & Multi-Family Home Builders
Residential General Contractors face an uphill battle when it comes to securing General Liability insurance coverage. Mold and construction-defect class-action lawsuits have driven up the cost of your General Liability and Products/Completed-Operations coverage consistently each year since 1999. At the same time and as a direct result of the increase of civil litigation between consumers and builders, coverage has eroded over the past 10 years for many exposures, including “Exterior Insulating Finishing Systems” / EIFS, Earth-Movement/Subsidence, Mold, Prior Acts, and Completed Operations.
Our Programs for Residential Contractors
Unlike most trade contractor insurance programs, few carriers are willing to write a broad spectrum of general contractors, favoring instead an approach that carves out a niche within the residential building marketplace. The available marketplace and coverage within your General Liability Program will depend largely upon:
- Number of Homes Constructed Per Year
- Average Construction Cost of Home
- Annual Sales from Construction
- Annual Subcontracted Costs
- Single or Multi-Family Construction
- Loss History
- Willingness to establish quality control/inspection, certificate management and other programs intended to reduce the chance of post-construction losses.
- $1,000,000 Occurrence Limit
- $2,000,000 General Aggregate
- $2,000,000 Completed-Operations Aggregate
- Limits up to $100,000,000
- $1,000,000 Combined Single Limit
Employment Practices Liability Limits starting at $100,000 per claim
- Builders Risk
- Equipment / Inland Marine
- Owner-Controlled Insurance Programs OCIP/Wrap-Up
If you would like to be contacted by a Hill & Usher representative regarding insurance for an RGC, please fill in the contact questions below and a representative will contact you as soon as possible.
To expedite the process, please fill out as much of the application as you can and fax it to (602) 956-4418.